Variations on a theme...

I can see why people might 'tire' of the ubiquitous "Russian Doll".... not me.
I can't. I loved them before they were famous. All the lovely Matroyshka fabrics inspire me with the need to sew... New PinPuffs with lavender, to have and to hold.

New NeedleBook... to have and to use.

I love all the Nordic / Scandi / folky designs and collecting FIGGJO ceramics.
I think there is a cross over here with Vintage and Modern design. That is perhaps what appeals to me most.
I am happiest at the moment when the Useful meets the Beautiful in a domestic setting (LINK) and the Babushka / Matroyshka is the boldest symbol of that.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Im with you... I LOVE Them. I have an old nesting doll from my childhood still sitting on the bookshelf behind me. Great Items!

LPFish said...

thankyou :)

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

kirsty, your designs just keep getting better and better. Lovely!
Ali XX
p.s the whinge bag comment at Mrs B's made me laugh out loud, the joiner working in my house thought I was having a funny turn!

LPFish said...

haha, she knows i love her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails