Photography for the internet...

So sorry if you arrived at this post thinking it might be full of good 'TIPS'...
I find photographing products for the internet, sooooo hard! Nothing ever seems to look as good in the photo as it does in 'real life' And how can you get a good sense of scale and size from the picture alone. I am not adding a ruler / measure to the picture as it doesn't add to the 'scene'.
Putting my head in the shot is not really an option either!
This wreath is quite a large size but really, only the shot with my head in, shows it's size... so i have been around the house looking for appropriate hanging spaces with the right amount of light...

It is like a QUEST that never ends.
An internet shop needs: clear, colourful pictures that are as 'true' as possible.
The picture needs to convey the size and the 'usage' of a product.
The photo needs to look professional and clean.
It needs to be in focus.
It needs to be cohesive to the rest of your shop.
It need to pop out of the screen and see "LOOK, i am interesting and a bit pretty"
I love the possibilities that photography offers.
I am often disappointed in my own execution of the shots.
Other shop owners know what i mean??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, that's so weird - I have been wandering around the house for the past hour trying to find a good place with enough light and no shadows to take a photo - still not happy - good to know I'm not alone!!

Dodo and Solitaire said...

I so know what you mean! I really struggle to find good places to take photos, it sometimes takes hours and it seems there is nowhere in my flat that gets the sun!

Dotty said...

good to know we are all in the same boat- christmas garlands are a nightmare !

Rachel said...

beautiful work

DANDELION DAYDREAMER said...

I have the same problem with photography my paintings...as if stitching them isn't enough work! I love your little birdies by the way, so cute! Will keep them in mind for a post on my brand new art/design/fashion blog ;)

LPFish said...

i am NOT happy that you all struggle too ---- who has the secrets??

Jennifer Rose said...

I have the same problem with art. its so hard getting a good scan/photo of a piece and still make it interesting. i think its an endless struggle to figure out getting the right photo to get people to look at your item

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails