Today was a good day...

Tuesday is a work day for me. It was very unlike me not to be dressed on a Tuesday morning. As readers might remember from a previous post, i like to be 'dressed for work' even if it is a "sewing at home" work day.
I don't know who was more horrified when i answered the door at 9am - BRALESS! and in saggy tracksuit pants, me? or the Postman?
Then my Good Day began:
A parcel from Amazon...
The parcel contained some eagerly awaited pulp...! "Wreck This Journal" by Keri Smith (a sort of 'challenge book' about doing colourful, messy, unusual and artistic things on each and every page) I saw another creative lady doing one - i wanted in on the action...

THEN - This, "EcoArt" book.... Well, i had to get something for the wee ToddleFish. And it will come in handy now we are Home-educating and i run my "Craft Cafe" Children's Craft Club.
BUT, not only those, but my subscription to ScrapBook Inspiations (that i actually keep meaning to cancel!) AND>>>>> The latest Cath Kidston catalogue. Oh joyous reading. Oh joyous pulp. where does one begin?

Don't fret Handmade and Craft junkies - i haven't forgotten my promise to buy Handmade and 'Local' wherever possible .... i have the Cath Kidston catalogue for inspiration. Also, i live near a Cath K discount store so i like to see what fabrics will be discounted and on sale in 12months time. Always one step ahead....

Then i spent the rest of my day working feverishly hard on a couple of HUGE button ring orders and some Christmas decorations x Today was a Good Day x and i love to share it with you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helloooo Kirsty!! Lovely to meet you the other week - discovered your blog link in the forum thread. Oh I have been coveting the 'how to wreck a journal' book for so long - I would love to know how you get one with it. And yep being another 'worker from home' I can totally empathise with the shock of realising you have answered the door in bad pyjamas and no bra - except I have alot more to worry about!! *swiftly folds arms across large boobs*

Karen Jinks said...

oooh that looksw like a good parcel, I need to get me one of those lol!

N said...

I love Keri Smith. She has a really cute site as well. Looks like a fun day! We are currently having a tropical storm/hurricane here in Florida. Craft time!

Mrs B said...

thankyou, thankyou for introducing me to the truly lovely inspirational keri!! have you read her blog entry on being a mother and creativity....all sooooooo so true! love you x

Shauna said...

those are great books - and I need to get my fingers on some of those button rings - finger candy!! I love your blog!!

Smiles!
Shauna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails